The return of the highly-coveted Samuel Adam Utopias is coming to the Summerhill LCBO on September 23rd. If you miss the limted run of the $114.95 bottle of this one of a kind beer you will be able to buy it through the LCBO Vintages Shop Online Wednesday, September 28 at 8:30 a.m. This 2015 edition of Utopias will go fast. I am personally looking to add a bottle to go along side my 2012 edition of the beer.
To celebrate the launch of Utopias in Ontario, Jim Koch Samuel Adams Founder and Brewer will be hosting a tutored tasting of a number of Samuel Adams beers, including Utopias, at the LCBO’s Summerhill location at 2:00 p.m. on the day of the launch. He will also join a celebration of Samuel Adams beer at a Toronto Beer Week event called For the Love of Beer. Although Utopias will not be available to sample at this event, beer fans will be able to meet Jim and sample several Samuel Adams beers not typically available in Canada. For the Love of Beer starts at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 22 at 99 Sudbury.
Full Press Release Below
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LIMITED RELEASE OF SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS ARRIVING AT THE LCBO SEPTEMBER 23
Samuel Adams Founder and Brewer Jim Koch to host tutored tasting in Toronto prior to launch
TORONTO, ON (September 7, 2016) – On Friday, September 23, the LCBO will release a limited number of bottles of Samuel Adams Utopias. A total of 700 bottles of the highly-coveted beer will be available both in-store and through the LCBO’s Vintages Shop Online at a price of $114.95 per 710mL bottle.
In-store, 350 bottles will be released for sale to the public at the LCBO’s Summerhill location (10 Scrivener Square, Toronto) at 4:00 p.m. on September 23. The remaining 350 bottles will be sold through the Vintages Shop Online beginning the following Wednesday, September 28 at 8:30 a.m.
For beer fanatics, Samuel Adams Utopias has become one of the most sought-after beers on earth. Meant to be savoured like a fine cognac or port, Utopias is known for its extraordinary flavour profile; wood, toffee, cocoa, raisin and maple aromas contribute to the distinctive flavour, which includes notes of molasses, earthy wood, dates, and light smoke, nuts and toffee. Utopias is a blend of batches, some of which have been aged for more than 22 years in a variety of barrels at Samuel Adams’ Boston Brewery. This Utopias release is 28% ABV.
To celebrate the launch of Utopias in Ontario, Samuel Adams Founder and Brewer Jim Koch will be hosting a tutored tasting of a number of Samuel Adams beers, including Utopias, at the LCBO’s Summerhill location at 2:00 p.m. on the day of the launch. A total of 24 tickets are available for the tasting at a cost of $75 each. The ticket also guarantees the right to purchase one Utopias bottle before its general release at 4:00 p.m. Tickets for this experience go on sale tomorrow, September 8, through helloLCBO at 1-800-668-5226.
While Koch is in Toronto, he will also join a celebration of Samuel Adams beer at a Toronto Beer Week event called For the Love of Beer. Although Utopias will not be available to sample at this event, beer fans will be able to meet Jim and sample several Samuel Adams beers not typically available in Canada, including Cinder Blonde Gratzer, Grumpy Monk and Chai Saison. For the Love of Beer starts at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 22 at 99 Sudbury.
In summary, beer lovers should mark the following dates and times on their calendars:
● Thursday, September 8 (8:30 a.m.) Tickets to tutored tasting with Jim Koch (including the opportunity to purchase one bottle of Utopias) go on sale through helloLCBO at 1-800-668-5226 (limit of 2 per customer).
● Thursday, September 22 (7:30 p.m.) For the Love of Beer with Samuel Adams Founder and Brewer Jim Koch at 99 Sudbury Street. Tickets and information available at http://www.samueladams.com/TorontoBeerWeek.
● Friday, September 23 (2:00 p.m.) Jim Koch will lead a tutored tasting of Samuel Adams beers (including Utopias) at the LCBO Summerhill location.
● Friday, September 23 (4:00 p.m.) Utopias released for sale to the general public at the LCBO’s Summerhill location (350 bottles available, limit of one per customer). Jim Koch will be available from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. to meet with Samuel Adams fans and sign bottles.
● Wednesday, September 28 (8:30 a.m.) An additional 350 bottles of Utopias released to beer fans across the province through the LCBO VINTAGES Shop Online (note that pre- registration with the VINTAGES Shop Online is required for telephone or online purchase, limit of one per customer).
For more information on the Utopias launch, customers can contact the LCBO through helloLCBO at 1-800-668-5226.
ABOUT SAMUEL ADAMS UTOPIAS
Beer collectors and connoisseurs already know Samuel Adams Utopias is unique among beers. Utopias is an uncarbonated blend of batches, some of which have been aged in different wood barrels for more than 22 years. The 2015 blend was aged in single-use bourbon casks from the award-winning Buffalo Trace Distillery.
With an alcohol content of 28%, Utopias is best enjoyed as a two ounce pour in a snifter glass at room temperature like a cognac or fine port. This latest batch has notes of fig, chocolate, molasses, tobacco and spice with a subtle sweetness and a deep, rich, malty smoothness.
Samuel Adams Utopias is considered by some beer collectors to be the culmination of the art of brewing. The 2015 batch produced less than 10,000 bottles, of which the LCBO is offering 700 for sale.